A mission to serve
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our annual fundraising banquet has been rescheduled for October 29th. Thank You in advance for your understanding.
SUD, OUD & Medication Assisted
Delivering quality and effective programs and services.
Meeting professional and regulatory standards reaffirms the council’s commitment to serve. Just last year, we were able to provide substance use disorders and mental health treatment and supportive services to over 1,500 residents of the Chicago South Suburbs, Northwest Indiana and surrounding communities.
A multidisciplinary team
We have an experienced team of professionals ready to help our clients. Members include:
- Medical Director
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Registered Dietician Consultant
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors
- Certified Co-Occurring Disorder Professionals (CODP)
- Certified Criminal Justice Professional
- On-Site Recovery Coach Team
- Professional Certified Gambling Counselors
Meet some of our key team members:
- Ramaswamy Srinivasan, President and CEO
- Janet Coleman, Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer
- Kyle Jones, Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Brian Hazard, Vice President & Chief Clinical Officer
- Kenneth Johnson, Director of Accounting
- Ken Muhr, Director of Information Technology Services
- Eileen Couture, D.O. Medical Director
- Bradley Stein, Director of Marketing, Media Relations, Business Development and Senior Addiction Counselor
- Shari Zavala Stucky, Director of Residential Services
- David Banks, Director of Outpatient Services
- Glinda Wilson, Manager of Central Intake
South Suburban Council App.
Click on The South Suburban Council on your mobile device. When prompted for the App. click yes. Done.
- Launch Browser (Chrome)
- Go to The South Suburban Council
- Tap on Menu button
- Tap “Add to Home Screen”/”Create Shortcut”
Printing Toolkits and other pages directly from our website:
Ctrl P (control print)
Home Page SS Council
Our Yelp Page SSCouncil Yelp Page