COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND OUTREACH
The Council provides educational presentations for groups of all ages. Tailored programs are developed to be responsive to each group’s needs, ages and allotted time frame. Following is only a partial list of previous presentations.
- Information on Specific Drugs
- Substance Abuse and the Effects on the Family
- Alcohol and the Effects on Brain & Body
- Alcohol Awareness, Signs & Symptoms
- Signs of Drug Abuse in Children
- Drug Abuse in the Workplace
THE COUNCIL’S VOLUNTEER PROGRAM!!
The primary role of a Council volunteer is to share the message of hope and recovery with the patients in treatment, while maintaining confidentiality at all times. Other volunteer responsibilities include sharing your “story” with the patients, reassuring them that entering treatment is a step in the right direction, listening to a patient in detox and comforting a “1st” timer.
To be accepted as a volunteer an individual must agree to the following:
- Attend the Council Volunteer Orientation Program
- Submit to a Drug Test
- Complete a 2-step TB Test
If you are interested volunteering please submit a letter of interest and attach a resume to your letter.